It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Apply for Membership
Kinds of Pipe Fitting Components
Pipe and fitting components are widespread in plumbing systems to become listed on tubing sections and straight pipes to adapt to varied shapes and sizes. Sometimes, they might double to control or measure fluid flow. While plumbing is a bit more often used for facilitating conveyance of gas, liquid or water in domestic environments, pipe and fitting is more associated with high performance conveyance of liquids in special applications.
Pipe fitting materials
There is an entire gamut of materials utilized for manufacturing pipe and fitting components. The one which you choose is determined by the aim of your fitting. The most commonly used materials used for manufacturing pipe and fitting include:
• Carbon steel
• Cold service carbon steel
• Malleable iron
• Alloy steel
• Non-metallic materials, for example tempered glass, PVC, ABS, GRE, HDPE etc.
• Non-ferrous metals, for example cupro-nickel, incoloy, inconel etc.
Usually, one's body of pipe and fittings is comparable to the material of pipe to get connected, like steel, copper, PVC, CPVC, ABS etc. Therefore, any material that you choose needs to be suitable for the other entire system, the fluid being transported, and the pressure and temperature both inside and outside. Earthquake resistance, fire hazards, along with such factors also affects picking a your pipe fitting materials.
Forms of pipe fitting components
Several of the pipe fitting components regularly used in piping and plumbing systems include:
• Elbow- Installed between two pipe or tubes permitting change of direction
• Coupling- Utilized for connecting two pipes together, with an seek to extend the capacity of a pipe
• Union- Much like coupling, it can be accustomed to allow convenience and quick disconnection of pipes for fixture replacement or maintenance purposes
• Reducer- Used for changing pipe size to meet flow requirements of any system, or even adjust to an active pipe of different size
• Olet- Used when a branch connection is required in size, but reducing Tee isn't available.
• Tee- Accustomed to split or combine flow of a fluid, commonly obtainable with all solvent weld sockets, opposed solvent weld sockets, side outlets and feminine thread sockets
• Cap- Usually
or liquid tight, employed for over the end of pipes
• Plug- Accustomed to close up a pipe's end. Comparable to cap, yet it is fitted from the fitting
• Nipple- A quick stub of pipe familiar with connect two other fittings, for instance hoses, pipes and funnels
• Barb- Utilized to connect a flexible hose to your pipe
• Valve- Employed for stopping or regulating flow of liquid, condensate, gas, slurry, stem etc. in their path.
Now you are aware of the varieties of pipe and fitting components, discover a reputable manufacturer or supplier inside your locality, and ensure the efficiency within your piping system.
More info about PPRC PIPE webpage:
click for info
Add a Comment
Powered by Vanilla