Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attracting Nudist Youth and Podcast Interview with Felicity
  • Getting More Fkk Youth Involved in Nudism:
    Naturist Youth - Yesterday the latest podcast of the Naturist Living Show came out entitled "Attracting Youth." If you've never heard of the show, it's a monthly podcast by Stephane Deschenes, owner of Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park in Ontario, Canada. I don't know how many of you listen to podcasts, but this Internet radio show music genre seems to have grown in popularity in the last few years. Yet, in the world of nudism, Stephane is ahead of the game because he's got the only naturist podcast in the world right now and a big following to boot.
    Stephane asked to interview me for this month's show about young naturists, who we are and what we are doing. So what you hear in the show is Stephane first sharing his thoughts on how naturist clubs, groups, etc. can draw in more naturist youth. Then there is an interview with me, followed by an interview with Jess of the website Naked Vegan Cooking. If you want some suggestions or guidance on bringing youth to nudism, listen to this podcast. Stephane understands what he's doing. Naked Oaks is known for its young visitors, members and staff, and apparently they'd hundreds of visitors under age 35 this past summer. It is also one of the few clubs in North America that offers a discount rate to young adults (age 25 and under).
    Stephane makes a number of good points, and I simply want to quote him on one that I think gets overlooked. He says that a critical part of attracting young people is having a "strong naturist philosophy." He says:
    "I believe you have to be quite idealistic, I believe you have to be an ethical naturistbecause when you are young is when you're at your most idealistic. That's when you're most involved in causes. That's when a message of health and social justice and having a better world generally speaking with regards to body approval and getting along together. That message calls truer when you are younger"
    Naturist Youth
    I think about my 24-year-old self and how I desire to save earth. So, yeah. This is absolutely true. And look at how many young people rally around the World Naked Bike Ride world- Nude Playa Party and Body Painting Competition - July 14, 2012 , as an example. Give them a good motive or cause to get naked, and make way for nude youth on bicycles!
    As FKK, we've got this part covered. In reality it goes back to why we started FKK to begin with, because naturism to us is undoubtedly about considerably more than just getting naked. At its core, we consider the naturist movement should be about approval, as Stephane quotes us on. It is what makes us body favorable and sex-positive! We've got a set of ideals and causes we care about and fight for. While I think there are folks who only need to get naked (or see naked people perhaps), I definitely agree with Stephane on this point, that it's an important feature to consider when attempting to attract youth to the naturist movement.
    In the segment with Jess, I believe it is worth noting that his site is run by several young adults who aren't just about cooking naked, but also work to promote body positivity, wellness and comprehension of issues they care about. It is also interesting to notice that although 2: When Nature Calls (1995) and Powder (1995) being only a couple of examples from in social nudity, he wouldn't label himself a fkk or naturist. He has never visited a fkk club, nor does he believe such areas are applicable to his practice of social nudity. He says that there are many young people that try social nudism without thinking about it in nudist terms. We notice this trend ourselves only in the amounts of individuals who have never seen any naturist club before attending a FKK gathering.
    Things to ponder!
    Listen to the podcast on the widget above, or click here to view it on the Naturist Living Show website.
    What do my readers think? Is having a prominent, defined naturist doctrine an important part of engaging young people in naturism? Does a deficiency of one lead to a deficiency of interest in visiting naturist clubs, resorts or attendin