Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortnite Lastly Gets Its Driftboard, But Just For a Limited Time
  • Because the snowy theme of Fortnite Season 7 has been revealed, among the battle pass skins is definitely an outright snowboarder, and it appears that Fortnite would get some kind of snowboard-like mobility Fortnite Items.

We saw teases and leaks of this item, the Driftboard, greater than six weeks ago (it was actually the week 4 loading screen), but now right here, when season 7 is almost more than and now in "overtime" mode ahead of season eight, is when we're ultimately seeing the item arrive in the game. And Epic is already saying that it's not going to stick about for long.

The news feed is now teasing the "stylin' and profilin'" Driftboard, which ought to arrive within the game inside a patch tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on when the update turns out to be. It's not clear exactly how it will operate, but given that it's a hoverboard, not a snowboard, I don't think it will only function in say, the snowy part of the map, and you may very well be in a position to surf around anywhere and use it as a new style of one-man automobile, additional or less the initial of its type. And yes, you'll be able to shoot from it.

Why limited time? I have a hunch that Epic has had some problems with all the Driftboard. That would explain why it is showing up so late in the season right here, and why it really is only arriving inside a limited time capacity now that it ultimately is right here. This can be in all probability going to play out just like the jetpack, where it's going to arrive inside the game for any quite brief time, there will probably be an LTM or two built about it, after which it is going to go away and we'll in no way speak of it once more.

The Driftboard does look like it would be a fantastic item to utilize in Fortnite inventive mode, as I can imagine people today developing elaborate tracks for it. Leaks do look to buy Fortnite Items indicate that it will be possible to spawn Driftboards in inventive mode, and supposed a single challenge in the Overtime list is usually to play a Driftboard LTM having a buddy.

Once again, it appears weird that that is showing up just as a restricted time item. I imply, if planes is often right here for a whole season, and happen to be extremely disruptive this entire time, why cannot we get a cool hoverboard for longer than a couple weeks? Kind of a bummer.

Remain tuned for information on when the Driftboard will arrive. My guess is tomorrow, and then we'll probably see an LTM for it by the end on the week if I had to guess. We only have I think one particular far more week till season 8 starts, and would they truly take it away that quickly? There is limited time and then there's restricted time, and that will be kind of a waste. We'll must see.