Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every zone in Vanilla World of Warcraft ranked
  • This summer, Blizzard will reincarnate World of Warcraft since it was in 2006 with World of Warcraft: Classic, bringing both teary-eyed veterans and clueless teenagers back to the original envisioning of WoW with all its frustrating quests, misfit quirks, and fascinatingly obtuse options. As someone who spent far a lot of time exploring these wow gold vast swathes of fantasy land in my younger years, I decided to appear back at every of the Vanilla zones and rank them from worst to very best, based on their original states before Warcraft's Cataclysm expansion changed them forever.

Writing this list was a joy, because it reminded me just how inconsistent early Warcraft zones are. You've clear end-game regions like the Plaguelands and Burning Steppes, which are all equipped with tons of dungeons and grindable elites. But then there's Felwood, a stretch of puke-green forest that serves completely no goal whatsoever. Currently Blizzard ships an expansion with six or so tightly-wound, scaleable zones that all dovetail into one another super neatly. It operates so much improved than the old days, but there is nonetheless some thing I miss about Vanilla's mess.

Yes, I totally understand how that tends to make me a crazy individual. Anyway, here's just about every zone in Vanilla WoW rated from worst to very best.

The Barrens
    With no context, The Barrens is often a poorly created zone. Funnelling 3 distinctive races, (Tauren, Trolls, and Orcs,) in to the identical region was a outrageously negative thought, but by way of that chaos the common chat spam, the Alliance raids, the whinging noobishness we located actual, irreplaceable magic. No zone on this list is far more emblematic on the wonder, mystery, and flat-out stupidity that defines our memories of early WoW. Please, for the adore of god, where is Mankrik's Wife?

Stranglethorn Vale
    If you did not spend your intermediate levels getting ganked more than and over again in the sweltering, endless jungles of Stranglethorn Vale, then you did not play Vanilla Warcraft. When they tally up my life at the gates of Heaven, Saint Peter will understand that I spent complete days doing corpse runs back from Booty Bay.

It really is a excellent zone though, filled using the swashbuckling, blood-drinking adventures you'd anticipate from the lawless south coast with the Azeroth. It also produced the entire playerbase thirsty for any full-blown tropical expansion, which we finally got with Battle For Azeroth.

Hillsbrad Foothills
    A zone so iconic that Blizzard re-implemented it as a battleground; Hillsbrad was the epicenter of open-world PvP in Vanilla, which produced it both an exhilarating and frustrating spot to buy wow items quest. It can be right here, within this otherwise unexciting frosty summit, where you would 1st discover a fiery hatred for the rival faction. Nothing at all may very well be additional important towards the Vanilla encounter.