Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spending Christmas on the planet of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft makes it possible for players to dive into a vast fantasy realm populated with players from around the world. Together they battle to buy wow items survive alongside dragons, trolls and warlocks - even on Christmas Day.

Video games have lengthy proved a formidable force in capturing the hearts, imaginations and wallets of men and women all over the world.

By far the most immersive gaming experience, based on its fans, is World of Warcraft and in Azeroth, exactly where the game is set, even Christmas Day is celebrated with turkey feasts, snowball fights and presents under a tree.

Inside a time exactly where many of us commit much more time on-line, what does it mean to celebrate 25 December inside a virtual world?

'It brings us together'

"Me and my friends normally wake up very early collectively. We log on, meet up and be sure every person is within the similar location," says 20-year-old Kieran Hart.

"We've normally prepared issues like presents and joke gifts, so everybody includes a surprise on Christmas morning. We usually give one another [pets] or toys [in the game] that we never have.

"We just have enjoyable, and celebrate like everyone would on a regular Christmas - we've a Christmas dinner, then take element in group activities like hide-and-seek and scavenger hunts, which I appreciate.

'It's produced our partnership better'

"In the morning, me and my daughter will log into World of Warcraft soon after opening presents in true life, and go to Orgrimmar and see what presents Father Winter has left for our characters," says 33-year-old Naomi Elcoat from Bolton.

"Last year was her initial Christmas in the game so she got loads of new issues, she was actually excited. We then went to Timeless Isle because we had gotten some in-game currency for Christmas and purchased some [pets].

'It's like a second life'

"My dad was an alcoholic - he divorced my mum and died when I was quite young. That made going home for Christmas a little hard for me, so I moved out when I was 16," says 27-year-old Stefan Szalk from Wigan.

"My buddies [online] were there for me - messaging me on Christmas Eve, generating certain I was OK and asking what my plans for Christmas Day were due to the fact they knew I was going to become alone.

'It tends to make the day significantly less daunting'

"Because of my break-up with my wife, I've lost plenty of my buddies and of course a great deal of family," says Joseph Morriss, from Fife in Scotland.

"So the way for me to commit time with the people today that I like is on the web in the world of Warcraft.

So, what kind of experience does World of Warcraft bring to you? Welcome to share with us within the comment beneath, or you may also check out our site IGXE.Com to have the cheapest wow gold and play games together with us!