Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aspyr Media Says a 'Star Wars: Knights with the Old Republic 2' Mobile Port "Isn't around the Horizo
  • It was just shy of five years ago that Aspyr Media brought BioWare's classic 2003 Star Wars open-world RPG Knights on the Old Republic [$4.99(buy cheap SWTOR Credits)] towards the iPad in an enhanced mobile version, and in some cases ten years after its original release it was (and is) nonetheless one of the best Star Wars games ever made. Later that year Aspyr added in iPhone support for KOTOR on mobile, and since then the game has been a relatively massive success in the mobile gaming world. That good results of course brought queries as to regardless of whether we'd see its sequel, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, sooner or later hit mobile too. In May well of 2015 an ESRB rating and listing for KOTOR 2 on mobile got everyone all excited, as well as the following July Aspyr asked fans to vote to show their enthusiasm and level of interest inside a mobile port from the game. Spoiler alert: Individuals truly wanted it.

Rapid forward to late April of 2016 as well as a important cost reduction for the original KOTOR on mobile led us to speculate that KOTOR 2 may possibly be around the horizon. In addition, it coincided with Aspyr releasing an completely massive update towards the desktop version of KOTOR 2, which would happen to be a prime purpose to leverage all of that function into a mobile release. Properly, right here we are many years later and KOTOR 2 on mobile nevertheless hasn't occurred, and primarily based on a note on Aspyr's blog this week, it may possibly never ever happen.

The weblog post is basically to let fans know what Aspyr are going to be as much as with Star Wars Day (Could the 4th Be With You) coming up tomorrow. It'll incorporate a hefty value reduction to all their Star Wars titles on each Steam along with the Mac App Shop, also as a 50% cost reduction for Knights with the Old Republic on each iOS and Android. All wonderful factors! The not-so-great component is at the bottom from the announcement, surrounded by these dastardly asterisks. It reads "KOTOR 2 mobile isn't on the horizon. Yes, we know you had been gonna ask. Sorry." I guess if you're planning to glean some kind of vibrant side to that statement, it is that "not on the horizon" is not a "definitely by no means coming" so I guess there is still the possibility that KOTOR 2 could make it to mobile. It doesn't sound incredibly encouraging even though. I get the sense that at this point Aspyr is fully on board with doing a KOTOR 2 mobile port, but there is some other aspect in play that is stopping them from undertaking so, and they're not in a position to just outright say what that is certainly. I'm just speculating, but I get that feeling. At any rate, should you don't own the original KOTOR on mobile yet, then certainly grab it for half-off this Friday, and hopefully at some point within the future we'll have improved news concerning a KOTOR 2 mobile version.